Sunday, June 19, 2011

It's All Spiritual

We are getting settled in our new home in Lafayette, starting the process of meeting our 'people' and the community. What's been weird is that the 1st floor of our new house is laid out very like our old one. On the one hand, that has helped us feel at home rather quickly.

On the other hand, I keep going to the 'old' locations for things like light switches and plates. I laugh at myself about 10 times a day as I reach for a switch or item that is not in the same spot in this house as it was in Elkhart.

One thing I am holding on to (besides God and friends) is that change forces my brain to make new cells! Plus, we now live in the woods. All that oxygen being generated by the trees ought to make me alert and on top of things.

It's not been without struggle, I admit. I do miss my Trinity family and the co-workers I've shared life with. Yet being where God calls you is an amazing place to be. I highly recommend it, even if it does disorient us for a while.

No comments: